2) Those who like tomatoes, and those who don’t.
Before I met Matt, I knew there was a possibility that I might marry a tomato hater. It would have been a sad fate. I love that Matt and I have so much in common, and this includes us both liking tomatoes enough to make a whole meal out of tomatoes on toast: Toasted bread, a thin layer of mayo, and tomato slices on top with some salt and pepper.
The other day, Matt took me to Memory Grove to feast on tomatoes on toast picnic style.
A little inch worm dined with us.





4 comments:
I like tomatoes but the biggest tomato lover I ever knew is my daughter Kennedy. When she was two she got pneumonia and had to be hospitalized. She wouldn't touch any meal they brought her, mac & cheese, chicken nuggets, nothing. I was worried. I decided to go to the store and I bought her a whole tub of cherry tomatoes. I brought them back to her and she gulped down every last one.
I like raw tomatoes, but Gorgeous Wife doesn't. It still works out somehow. :) My sister-in-law likes to bite into whole tomatoes like apples when she's pregnant.
Mattie and I went on a tomatoe trip at Memory Groove two Saturdays ago!! Mattie loves his tomatoes, too. But he can really only have the cherry ones since his hands are too small to hold the bigger ones.
I hate raw tomatoes, Katie loves em. She was worried, but actually she loves it cause I take them off my hamburgers, sandwiches etc. and give them to her. The hardest part for me is not gagging when she eats a stack of tomatoes on toast. Just kidding I don't care. Doesn't it suck when you get the butt of the tomatoe on a burger--you know, the tiney little top that's still all skin. I mean, I don't eat em, but I can still tell it must be dissapointing to those who do.
Post a Comment