Thursday, June 5, 2008

MarioKart Wii



We just got our hands on the game MarioKart Wii. First of all, BIG THANKS go out to our friends Thayn and Holly for gifting it to us (Thanks guys!!!) and to Mom Linda for gifting us the Wii (Thanks again, Mom!) It is turning out to be a LOT of fun, and highly addictive.

You can drive your car totally wirelessly with the Wii Wheel, which houses the Wii remote. You can steer with the wheel just like a regular steering wheel, and your on-screen car responds beautifully. Or, you can opt for more-traditional joy stick or classic controller methods. But as the ever-adorable CA said last night, "I like to use the wheel. It makes me feel like I'm driving a real car!"

With this version of MarioKart, you can now race people anywhere in the world. Last night we had a bout of fun three-way races with "Twinlet Mike" (as CA calls him) in New York City, thanks to our hi-speed internet connection, my cellphone on "speaker" mode, and free evening minutes. Due to his racing prowess, Mike has now unlocked the ability to use his Mii--a self-designed Wii avatar used to represent oneself in Wii games, for you uninitiated--as his on-screen driver. (CA's and my Miis look like ourselves; Mike has one named "Dwight S." made to look like the character Dwight Schrute on The Office. I'll have to find a way to post pictures of our Miis here later.)






This last pic is of CA's favorite character: Waluigi ("Nyaaaa!")

3 comments:

Robert said...

I've been wanting to play that. I have Mario Kart: Double Dash!! for GameCube and it's got to be one of the best console games ever.

Katie said...

Ahhhh! "Wii" are so jealous you have this game! Looks like fun.

Unknown said...

I just ordered a sweet Dwight Schrute for President shirt from www.PantherTees.com. They have tons of stuff from The Office. They said not to tell anyone, but here is a 10% discount code, pts10 (it is case sensitive, so copy and paste it). Enjoy!