Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Courtrooms, Condos, Confections and Coinkadinks

In got subpoenaed to testify in August for a court case I worked on back when I was a full-time translator. The bad new was that I would have to be away from home for a few days. The good news was I was put up in a vacation resort condo on beautiful white-sand island in Florida, all expenses paid, and CA got to come with me for only a hundred bucks!

The gulfside beach of Okaloosa Island behind our condo

On Sunday morning we picked a local ward and went there for sacrament meeting. Of all the Mormons in all the world, who do you think would be speaking in that random ward on that very morning? It was Kelly, one of CA's best friends from High School. We were beyond shocked. I mean, seriously, what are the chances? Here's a picture of the girls to prove it:




Among our various activities, we discovered one of the South's hidden secrets: The Waffle House. In all our excitement, we overdid it a little bit:

Before Waffles

After Waffles

In between my judicial duties and sampling southern cuisine, we had a little time for snorkeling and walking around on the beaches. Unfortunately, we didn't happen to have our camera when we saw the sandpipers, dolphins, herons, crabs, fish, conchs, or jellyfishes; but here's some toes on the beach:


5 comments:

Bree said...

WOW! Talk about random chances! That's such a fun story.

Glad you both had a good time!

Bree
{CA's Sorority Sister}

Silus Grok said...

Sounds delightful!

In Connecticut said...

Sounds like a vacation not to be missed, and you got someone else to pay for it!

And WOW! what a small world to find Kelly.

So happy that you updated your blog.

Natalie said...

How crazy is that! I remember Kelly! I am sure you shocked the socks of her!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a blast!